Monday, November 24, 2008

Race Day 9 Post 2




Marie-Josee (Canada) on left, Guy Rossi and his wife Annie of France, Guy has the most triathlons done in the world and is one of two people still competing in the Deca, which started in 1992. The other person is Jorge's wife Silvia.





Emmanuel Conraux France on the left and his support crew Gerard Buisson of France. Gerard used to compete in the old days in Doubles, Triples and the Deca but knee surgery has left him helping out others achieve their dreams







Yves Beauchamp of Montreal Canada. Tho he is hurting physically, he always has a smile for you. That is his trade mark.







We are at the stage of the race where you can usually tell the racers from afar from each other. They each have their gate, stance, swing of the arms, leaning etc. We are talking like 200 – 300 yards away. Uncanny!

Peter is off the bike – HUGE grin on his face. Now the party can start.

10:20 p.m. Marcel Heinig will finish the race soon in about an hour. He is very tired and hallucinating. I just tried joking iwth him and he didn't know what was going on at first. It was a hard fought one against some very good competitors. Follow the results page for the others as they finish throughout the night and tomorrow and the rest of the days.

I have to leave early in the morning to go back home. My boss told me I have to be there for Thanksgiving that we celebrate in the United States, which is held Thursday. I leave Monterrey at 6:40 in the morning and arrive in Virginia at 5:05 in the evening and by the time I get home my wife’s family will be arriving as well. Alan Barry and Mary Johnson (support crews for Stephen Johnson Canada) will continue the blog for me, in their style so you won’t go into shock and withdrawls.

You will still be able to follow the results on the results board too. I too will be following the race this way for the remainder of the time.

Kirb

No comments: