Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 10 Post 3

Well just a quick note to all of you out there.
We had a surprise in the kitchen today.Yes there was not only RICE RICE RICE AND MORE RICE, but we were surprised that we had good old chicken cooked on the grill. It was a good change.
Having access to the kitchen I was able to treat my Canadian crew to homemade grilled cheese sandwiches.
If Steve Kirby is reading I have succeeded to resume the tunes at HQ. I had Jorge get me a cable to connect to Bens laptop on which I downloaded I-tunes.This has given us a variety of radio stations to choose from. It has been appreciated by many, that the white noise has disappeared.
New exciting news:
Mario Rodriquez has completed the Deca in great fashion.While being greeted at the finish line by spectators as well as other athletes, Mario approached the finish proudly waving his Mexican flag. After crossing he was congratulated by all and most important welcomed and embrace by his supportive and encouraging wife.
His finishing time of 222:27:54 or 9 days, 9 hours, 27 minutes and 54 secs. This was good for a
4 th place finish.
It has been another great day at HQ.
Some other accomplishments, not race related, are while the long wait for the runners support crew have time to pick up a book to read and hopefully finish, my wife Wanda Bouchard-Barry commented that she was able to finish hers.
Before I close next in line to finish we have Hilberto Villa from Mexico could finish tonight with only 20 more laps,as well Neil Kapoor from England is trying hard to finish soon with only 36 laps left.
Forecast for tomorrow is abou tthe the same, but Thusday is supposed to be warmer with a high of 28 .
Time to return and do my part on the crew.
Have a Great Night.
Alan Barry

No comments: